Welcome to Temple Israel…
Established in 1873 and a founding member of the Union for Reform Judaism (URJ), we are one of the oldest and most renowned congregations in the American Jewish experience.
- Serving families from Charleston and surrounding areas of West Virginia
- Offering an engaging array of education classes, enrichment programs, visiting scholars, concerts, and social opportunities
- Active Temple Sisterhood affiliated with the WRJ
- Energetic participation in community social action and interfaith relationship building
- A community that treasures its diversity in all its forms – age, marital or partnership status, gender identity, sexual orientation, race and ethnicity
Temple Photo by Louis Davidson | Learn More…
Welcome, Rabbi Joe Blair
We welcomed Rabbi Joe Blair as the rabbi of our Congregation on July 1. Please read Rabbi Blair’s bio here.
To view the special mailing Rabbi Blair sent out in mid-August, please click here.
September worship schedule
To view the schedule of September worship services, including Shabbat, the High Holy Days, and Sukkot/Simchat Torah, please click here.
Sukkot observance – Sukkah-decorating at the Temple Sept. 23 at 5 p.m.
The decorating of the sukkah will be held at 5 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 23. There will be pizza and dessert. There is no cost and no reservations are required. This will be a joint service with B’nai Jacob, held at the Temple.