Welcome to Temple Israel…
Established in 1873 and a founding member of the Union for Reform Judaism (URJ), we are one of the oldest and most renowned congregations in the American Jewish experience.
- Serving families from Charleston and surrounding areas of West Virginia
- Offering an engaging array of education classes, enrichment programs, visiting scholars, concerts, and social opportunities
- Active Temple Sisterhood affiliated with the WRJ
- Energetic participation in community social action and interfaith relationship building
- A community that treasures its diversity in all its forms – age, marital or partnership status, gender identity, sexual orientation, race and ethnicity
Temple Photo by Louis Davidson | Learn More…
Standard-size Hanukkah candles are available in the Temple office for $2 per box.
Congregational Hanukkah Dinner Sunday, Dec. 9, 2018
Temple Israel’s annual congregational Hanukkah Dinner will be held Sunday, Dec. 9, 2018 at 5:30 p.m. Please RSVP to the Temple office by Friday, Nov. 30.
The cost is
• Adults: $10
• Students (any age): $4
• Pre-kindergarten: Free.
You don’t need to pay ahead – simply pay at the door.
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to bring from home a menorah and candles to light for the eighth night of Hanukkah display.
Thanks to Alan Fleischmann and his crew for preparing and serving the dinner again this year.
Welcome, Rabbi Joe Blair
We welcomed Rabbi Joe Blair as the rabbi of our Congregation on July 1. Please read Rabbi Blair’s bio here.
To view the special mailing Rabbi Blair sent out in mid-August, please click here.