Welcome to Temple Israel…
Established in 1873 and a founding member of the Union for Reform Judaism (URJ), we are one of the oldest and most renowned congregations in the American Jewish experience.
- Serving families from Charleston and surrounding areas of West Virginia
- Offering an engaging array of education classes, enrichment programs, visiting scholars, concerts, and social opportunities
- Active Temple Sisterhood affiliated with the WRJ
- Energetic participation in community social action and interfaith relationship building
- A community that treasures its diversity in all its forms – age, marital or partnership status, gender identity, sexual orientation, race and ethnicity
Temple Photo by Louis Davidson | Learn More…
There are no Charleston Death Cafés scheduled at this time. Please check back after the High Holy Days.
Enjoy the latest news…
“First Shabbat” will resume in the fall. There will be no “Sisterhood Schmooze” in July or August.
REMINDER: Let us know when you move, change or delete a phone number, or change your email address.
If you are planning a move, changing your phone number (or deleting a number, such as a landline) or if you have a new email address, please contact the Temple office as soon as you have your new contact info. We have no other way of obtaining this information, except from you.
The deadline for changes to your contact info in the Sisterhood yearbook must be received no later than August 1st to be listed in the 2019-2020 edition.
Please email your new contact info to the Temple office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Temple Israel on Facebook
Temple now has an official Facebook presence
Welcome, Rabbi Joe Blair
We welcomed Rabbi Joe Blair as the rabbi of our Congregation on July 1, 2018. Please read Rabbi Blair’s bio here.