Welcome to Temple Israel…
Established in 1873 and a founding member of the Union for Reform Judaism (URJ), we are one of the oldest and most renowned congregations in the American Jewish experience.
- Serving families from Charleston and surrounding areas of West Virginia
- Rabbi James Cohn has over 3 decades of experience leading Reform congregations in the southeast
- Offering an engaging array of education classes, enrichment programs, visiting scholars, concerts, and social opportunities
- Active Temple Sisterhood affiliated with the WRJ
- Energetic participation in community social action and interfaith relationship building
- A community that treasures its diversity in all its forms – age, marital or partnership status, gender identity, sexual orientation, race and ethnicity
Temple Photo by Louis Davidson | Learn More…
Joint Shabbat Service
at Temple Israel on June 1
Rabbi Cohn and his colleague Rabbi Victor Urecki will lead a joint Shabbat service at Temple Israel on Friday, June 1 at 5:30 PM.
Everyone is invited to attend this shared celebration of Shabbat with our Conservative cousins.