Welcome to Temple Israel…
Established in 1873 and a founding member of the Union for Reform Judaism (URJ), we are one of the oldest and most renowned congregations in the American Jewish experience.
- Serving families from Charleston and surrounding areas of West Virginia
- Rabbi James Cohn has over 3 decades of experience leading Reform congregations in the southeast
- Offering an engaging array of education classes, enrichment programs, visiting scholars, concerts, and social opportunities
- Active Temple Sisterhood affiliated with the WRJ
- Energetic participation in community social action and interfaith relationship building
- A community that treasures its diversity in all its forms – age, marital or partnership status, gender identity, sexual orientation, race and ethnicity
Temple Photo by Louis Davidson | Learn More…
The Temple’s congregational Passover Seder will be held on Friday, March 30 at 6 PM. It’s open to members of the Jewish community and their families. Pre-paid RSVP required by March 23. Click here for complete information about the Seder. Please email email@example.com or call the Temple office if you have questions.
There will be a short Shabbat service at 5:30 PM prior to the Seder.